Are you confused which water softener will be right for your home? This brief guide will help you. If you have further questions you can write to us in the comment section below. Don’t forget to check salt based vs salt-free water softeners review to understand softeners system better.
Types Of Water Softeners:
• Salt-based: Water softeners work on iron exchange process basically salt based are powerful systems that have the ability to restrict limescale by removing concentrated minerals from hard water ultimately making it soft before reaching the taps. It is connected to the home plumbing system so that the entire house gets soft water.
An ion exchange water softener has densely packed resin beds that abolish calcium and magnesium ions through sodium ions. Once resin beds are exhausted a regeneration process is processed for refreshment and cleaning. Here a brine solution is created and pushed via resin beds that remove limescale and refresh beds to enhance performance and preparation for the next cycle.
A little amount of sodium is transferred to water that is considered safe for drinking.
• Salt-free: These softeners do not use salts and their primary objective is descaling limescale. No ion exchange process is required as it processes the catalytic method called as TAC (Template Assisted Crystallization). Citric acid is a pH levels balancer of water termed as conditioning. There are no impurities trapped in so no cleaning process is needed.
Design of Water Softener:
You should look for mentioned things in a water softener:
- Durability and safety
- Good control mechanism
- Even water flow through resin beds
- Cost effective and manufacturer warranty
- Quality of material used
- The optimum time during the exchange process
How to pick the right water softener for Home?
Always ask for following things from dealers or check online before you buy:
- Amount of salt used in the regeneration process.
- What size of water softener should be befitting as per your space?
- After sales service
- Manufacturer’s warranty covered on the complete system or not
- The capacity of a water softener
- The price (this depends on all the conditions i.e. capacity, material, durability and warranty, the better the product the higher will be the price)
Salt-based systems are heavy duty systems that do an excellent job in the removal of harmful concentrated minerals. They come in a variety and are the first choice in the food and beverage industries. Hence generally they are recommended in the regions with extremely hard water.
If you have moderate or low hard water you can buy salt-based or salt-free water softener as they work well for both conditions but if you have very hard water salt based is the only option. If you are eco-friendly then go for salt-free systems.
Hope now you know the type of water softener and how to pick right one. Any question? Write to us.